Other Village Publications
The following soft cover publications are all published by the East Leake and district Local History Society and are available by post from:
Mrs M.C. Hurst
6 Poplar Avenue
Leics. LE12 6QB
Or from their bookstall, at meetings on the third Wednesday of the month from September to April, held in the St. Mary's Hall opposite St. Marys' Church East Leake at 7-30pm
Format A5 -52 pages.
Front and back cover design is 1884 map of West Leake with inset picture of church on the back cover.
Foreword by David Clarke
Size A4 Spiral bound-Card covers
6 Introduction pages +29 pages
Author-Mrs M. Arnold (Nee Ward)
Introduction by daughter Margaret C. Cobb (Nee Arnold)
Speech by Mrs. M. Arnold at Inaugural Meeting of Kegworth Village Association in 1971
A Kegworth Childhood
Cover Photograph of Maggie Ward born Kegworth 1900 died 1999
£6.30p inc.uk P&P
Remembering the Early Days of Wireless in Loughborough, by David Lazell pub.2005. East Leake Publishing Corner
Format-A5 36 pages
- Tuning Up, Preface Wise
- Hot Water Bottles on the Sideboard
- Expertise at 'The Echo'
- Hums, Squarks and Light Relief
- Ether from Nottingham
- Enter a Radiogram
- Captain Sparx in Print at Last
- A small Postscript on the Radio Stars at Stanford Hall
- A Bounty of Stars at Loughborough
- The Broadcast Legion
- Various small drawings
- Back Cover inside- David Lazell with Radiogram
Cost £ 4.10 inc UK P&P
Gotham Tapestry 2000 edited by Sybil Dabel
Published by Gotham Local History Society in 2000
Format A5 44pages
This book is history in stitches. Local people made a tapestry for the Millennium and each page has a colour picture of one square and the history that goes with it.
Eg. Curates House / Green man / Cuckoo Bush Inn
£6.30 inc p&p
Format Half A4 (vertical) 10 pages inc. insides of Front and Back Card Covers.
Text by P.P.C ousins
This is a simple Guide aimed at children or young people.
Drawing of Church Tower and Porch
12 small Drawings of different things to find in the Church
Outline of Church with numbers 1-22 showing where items are to be found.
£1.95p including UK P&P
- Notes for visitors to WORKSOP PRIORY Notts.
- Penand ink drawings by Mrs. A.E.Macleod
- Designed and Published by The British Publishing Company Limited, Gloucester - 1974 approx
- Format -Smaller than A5 (7"X 5" approx) 31 pages
- View of Church- Front Cover
- The earliest Norman Arch - sketch
- Worksop Priory from the Northeast-1815 from an Aquatint by George Parkyns
- Worksop Priory from the South
- The Nave looking East prior to 1974
- The North Transept and central Crossing prior to 1974
- The Chancel
- The Gatehouse and Cross
- The exterior, North side after the additional building at the East End
- The Organ
- Floor Plan of the Priory
£2.50 inc. uk P&P
More Photographs came to light after the previous book, and it is interesting to reflect on life during the past ten years.
Compiled by David E. Clark
Supported by the West Leake Parish Meeting
Format A5 52 pages
- Back and Front Cover 1901 map of West Leake with inset picture of Church.
- New Stained Glass window in St. Helena's Church 2006
- Norman window on the North side of the Church
- War Time Special Constables
- The original public house sign, 'The Basket'
- Map by East Leake and District showing possible medieval sites.
- Cottages on The Green, before and after the fire 1953
- Mrs Boothway (Sarah Mills) with daughter outside The Basket 1902
- The Post Office 1910
- Manor Staff 1915
- Part of the Main Street. 1915
- many pictures of local people
£6.30p inc uk p&p